What is StratLAN?
Quick SLAN info:
- 18:00 Thursday, 11th December – 14:00 Monday 15th December 2014
- The Paddock Suite, Stratford-on-Avon Racecourse, CV37 9SE
- 172 BYOC Spaces – £65.00 each
- Spectator tickets £5 per day (besides Friday which is £10)
- 70Mb internet connection
- Server CoLo services available (£10)
- PC and monitor rentals – rental to be purchased before the event
- Venue Facilities: Showers, Camping space, some Kitchen facilities.
- Alcohol Policy: Bring your Own Beer
So, what is StratLAN like?
Think of StratLAN as the sort of LAN you would have round your mates house, except more organised, more people, more games, and possibly a touch more beer.
Every StratLAN we have seems to bring its own memorable moments and great gaming. Each event is unique and if you miss it, you’re missing an experience that you won’t necessarily find again.
SLAN is famed for its warm, friendly atmosphere – welcoming to newcomers and veterans alike. If you’ve never been to a Stratlan before it’ll take about 20 minutes for someone to say hi and from that point in you’re part of the group.
StratLAN is about fun and relaxation; when your not gaming you can enjoy the great atmosphere in our dedicated social & chillout areas, or find people playing board games, Magic: The Gathering, poker – or just sitting around and relaxing with a drink and a pizza. It’s a great way to meet new people and to take a break from the gaming.
Obviously Stratlan is still a LAN at heart and an unhealthy amount of time is spent playing games. Because there are much fewer people than at an i-Series, it is easier to organise. It’s not uncommon for someone to shout out the name of a game and to have everyone in the room join the server!
The event is a “bring-your-own-booze” affair and so, if you’re over 18, you can bring all the beer you want to drink at your desk or in the social area!