It’s the night before SLANmas
And all through the ‘course
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a horse
Not a cable was creeping,
No switch made a purr,
No corks were a-popping,
No screams about Blur
Then the following morning,
With a flash and a blare
Arrive several helpers
Holding tables and chairs!
In strides their leader,
to whoops and to cheers,
It’s Father Wizzo, yelling proudly:
“Let there be beer!”
It’s that time of year again! The StratLAN Xmas Party 2013 is on us again, and tickets are available now! It’s the messy Xmas fun you all know and enjoy, updated for Winter 2013 compatibility. As per always, we have:
- The conveniently located Festive Tuck Shop! Jingle Red Bulls, all the way!
- Our walk-in fridge of win! Keep your fresh goods as frosty as Frosty!
- Indoor sleeping! For those individuals who can’t handle the beauty of:
- On-site camping! For the full StratLAN tent-based experience.
- Free Showers! Keep it clean whilst keeping it clean.
- The Social Area! Bring your own beer, or beverage of choice. We cannot provide alcohol, but we can provide more fun than you can handle.
- Card/Board games area. Electronic games are so late-eighties to early-nineties. Board and Card games are bigger and better than ever, so why not roll the dice both figuratively and literally?
- The same old LAN-based PC gaming you all know and love, featuring the classics we all know and love and the newer additions we fear but tentatively embrace.
- Magic the Gathering drafts. Oh-woah-oh it’s Magic… It’s love! Walk the planes with similar-minded folk in some serious drafts. It’s a Christmas miracle!
We also have several useful services available, all arranged by our cheeky elves shipped out from Wizzo’s Grotto:
- PC Rentals. Don’t fancy bundling up your gear into a friend’s 5-door sleigh? You can rent gear from us, the pro package even includes an i7 with a 22″ iiyama monitor! We can attest, they’re worth it.
- Monitor Rentals. If you don’t feel like risking your beautiful screen on the icy roads, simply rent one from us!
- Server Co-location! Bring your owns servers to LAN, an Xmas present that all can enjoy!
To be involved in the prime social event of the Xmas LAN calander, simply spend all of your money on alcohol, after setting aside some to purchase your ticket here. Easy peasy. We’ll see you in the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow; remember to bring a festive hat.